Tuesday, November 21, 2017

REAL BRIDE: Kallie

Avery & Kallie Tummons

04.08.2017

 Vintage & Loose Mansion go together like peaches & cream. They were meant for each other- just like this sweet couple! All the proof you need is packaged up nice & pretty in this sweet spring soiree. Complete with bow ties, lace, & broach bouquets, keep scrolling for a vintage lovers swoon worthy wedding!






Tell us about your love story!
"Avery & I met in college & when we finally started dating I knew that this relationship was going to be different. We did two years of long distance dating & it was difficult, but that also made our relationship so much stronger. We had to become better communicators & really cherish the time we spent together & make it count. When I graduated & moved to Kansas City it was a little weird getting to spend so much time with each other, but really reaffirmed our belief that we were meant to be together. I knew he was the one when he survived a three week trip to Spain with me & my family. I figured if he could survive our craziness then he could definitely survive a lifetime with me! Shortly after that he decided that he wanted to buy a house, but not just any house... a fixer upper. I've logged many hours watching HGTV so I thought that it would be fun! Little did I know how much work it would be, but it has been a lot of fun getting to turn it into the house of our dreams. Avery says he knew I was the one when I willingly spent an entire weekend scraping the popcorn ceilings throughout the house- so romantic, I know. Working on the house together really showed us how & when to make compromises & how to work together to marry our visions into one. So in addition to working our full time jobs & working on the house, we decided that we wanted to plan a wedding as well! He truly is my best friend & I could not have asked for a better partner to journey through life together."






What made you decide to get married on April 8?
"We knew we wanted to get married in the Spring because I hate the cold of winter & Kansas City in the Summer is so hot. We didn't have a particular date in mind so we decided to figure out our venue first & then choose a date. We absolutely loved Loose Mansion the very first time we toured it & then we decided on April 8th!"



Did you do any fun DIY decorations?
"Loose Mansion has this amazing room with all kinds of decorations that they let you use for your event so most of our decorations came from there. This saved us so much stress & they truly did a great job setting everything up. We had a four hour planning meeting a couple of months ahead of time so that their team really had a good idea of our vision."











Did you have a specific theme in mind while planning?
"Our colors were royal blue & silver & we decided to go with a vintage/Great Gatsby vibe for the wedding. We also wanted our wedding to be very personal so we had pictures from our parent's weddings & our engagement on the mantle. We had pink roses as our pops of floral in honor of my paternal grandmother. I wore the pearls that my maternal grandfather gave my grandmother for their wedding. Avery's mom cross-stitched a handkerchief with our names and date on it for him to have in his pocket and my mom embroidered our initials on my dress as my something blue. My family is really into wine so we had our guests write messages & put them in wine bottles for us to read at our first, third, & fifth wedding anniversaries in lieu of a traditional guestbook. I love how much subtle personal touches we were able to have at our wedding."




What advice would you give to other brides?
"The biggest piece of advice that I can give is to make sure you take some time to take it all in. All of the work that you're doing & the hours of planning are great for the guests, but you really have to set aside some time so that you enjoy it as well. Don't stress about trying to make every last detail perfect, because inevitably, something will go wrong & you'll do what you can to fix it, but at the end of the day, the most important thing is that you're married!"








Where did you draw your inspiration & ideas from?
"When Avery was three years old, he was a ring bear in his cousin's wedding & he wore a tux with tails... ever since then he had this vision of getting married in a tux with tails. That helped play into our vintage theme. Plus, it truly went beautifully with all the mansion's detail & architecture. Through all of the decisions & details, Avery & I would decide on them together so that our wedding truly reflected us as a couple."




What was one of your favorite moments from your big day?
"Oh man, there were so many amazing moments that it's really hard to choose just one! One thing I'm so glad we did was set aside some time for just us. After our ceremony we went up to the bridal suite while everyone else was at the cocktail hour & we just took some time to take it all in. We ate some of the hors d'oeuvres & just really enjoyed the moment & the fact that we were now husband & wife!"






 Bridal Look:
Alterations | Amazing Garment Repair
Hair & Makeup | Paradise Makeup & Hair

Wedding Professionals:
Ceremony/Reception Venue | Loose Mansion
Photography | Powersshots - Jim Powers
Bridesmaid Designer Alfred Angelo
Menswear | Jos. A. Banks
Florals | Sam's Club
Rentals Loose Mansion
Cake Sam's Club
Catering Loose Mansion
Rings Shane Co.

No comments:

Post a Comment