Saturday, January 13, 2018

A Letter From The [New] Owner



Hey, Kansas City!

For those who don’t already know, I’m Paige. Until a few days ago, I was a sister, a friend, a student, a dog mom & a lead bridal consultant at Something White Bridal. Today, I get to upgrade one of those titles to “owner” (because it’s not official until it’s on the internet, right?) & that’s pretty surreal.

So I bet you’re wondering how I stumbled into the role of owning Something White Bridal. I could tell you it’s been my dream for forever to own a bridal store, but then I’d be lying to you. The truth is, when I moved away to college, I thought I wanted to be an interior designer, then I wanted to be a teacher, then maybe even a spy… & then one day I ended up at a bridal shop & I fell in love. I mean seriously. I fell hard. I fell for the love stories I got to hear about. I fell for the moment when a bride finds her gown & her mom is crying and her girlfriends are squealing with excitement. I fell for the fashion aspect, the small business standpoint & everything in between. I can honestly say that one of the coolest feelings in the entire world is connecting with a complete stranger & then celebrating when you help find her dream gown. While I can’t say I’ve always wanted to own a bridal store, I can say that I’ve always wanted to own my own business & HERE WE ARE. Does life get any cooler than that?

I want to pretend like I’m accepting a Grammy here for a second & acknowledge some of the supportive people that have helped make this transition possible. So here goes, thank you to my family, my friends & my boyfriend for putting up with my crazy over the past couple of months. Thank you for supporting me & for pushing me to reach for the stars. Finally, thank you to the strong & motivated wedding professionals of Kansas City & the past, present & future Something White Brides. Thank you for letting the little shop on Walnut Street create memories with you & be a small part of your big day & for helping grow something I never could have dreamed I'd be so lucky to call mine.

Xx,
Paige



No comments:

Post a Comment