Saturday, February 24, 2018

REAL BRIDE: Kelsey

Brendan & Kelsey Carney

07.01.17

We are crushing hard on this sweet wedding. From the colors to the stylish simplicity, it hits the right notes, over & over & over again. The icing on the cake? This Lis Simon gown, it's dainty details, & it's killer slit - & we aren't just saying that! But what's even better is Brendan & Kelsey's sweet love story! Scroll down to swoon with us over the Carney's big day.




What made you decide to get married on July 1st?
"All of our special days are in the summer. We began dating in May of 2008 & Brendan proposed in June of 2016. We wanted our wedding date to be special & when we heard that both the Church & the reception venue were available on July 1st, we knew it was a sign! We also LOVE the Fourth of July. It is one of our favorite holidays & we were so excited that our wedding would be on the Fourth of July weekend."













Tell us a little bit about your love story!
"​It is crazy to think that I have known my husband for over 10 years. Brendan & I met back in high school at Saint James Academy in 2006. We had several classes together during our first two years of schooling, but it wasn't until our Junior year that we started to become close. In May of 2008, Brendan asked me to go to a concert with him in Kansas City. After that special date, concerts became one of our favorite pastimes. In June, we went to the O.A.R. concert & after Brendan brought me home, I went to my room & was in great shock to find roses & my favorite candies spread across my bed. He left a letter that read "Meet me in the backyard." I followed the map & to my great surprise, he asked me to be his girlfriend. Even more amazingly - Brendan kept that same note for over 7 years. For the proposal, he recreated this special moment in our lives & it was absolutely perfect." 


















What advice would you give to other brides searching for their gown?
"Have fun with it! Take your favorite people with you - I took my mom & sister. Keep an open mind about finding your dream dress, it may surprise you & be something you didn't think would be your dream dress​."​











Where did you draw inspiration & ideas from?
"Because it was Fourth of July weekend, we tried to incorporate as many parts of the wonderful holiday as we could. The bridesmaids wore burgundy & the groomsmen wore navy blue. We also had red, white, & blue margaritas as our signature cocktails & we ended the night with a sparkler exit!" 













What was one of your favorite moments from your big day?
"There were so many wonderful moments that it is hard to choose! I was anxious that morning, but I remember all of my anxiety easing the minute we had our first-look. I also remember sitting on the alter & looking at the congregation. I was moved with emotion because you could feel the love in the room. It was such a blessing to have all of our favorite people in one place. We also enjoyed all of the dancing - especially the father-daughter & mother-son dance. We just recently got our wedding video back & we watch it all the time! We just can't get enough! It was truly the best day of our lives." 












Congratulations Mr. & Mrs. Carney!
Wishing you all the best in this newest adventure!





Bridal Look:
Gown | Lis Simon
Hair & Makeup | POSH KC

Wedding Professionals:
Reception Venue | Madrid Theatre
Viedography | Michael Coy Video
Bridesmaid Designer | Azazie
Menswear | Tip Top Tux
Cake | Marilyn Tinker 
Catering Plaza Catering


No comments:

Post a Comment