Wednesday, July 26, 2017

REAL BRIDE: Kendra

Matt & Kendra 

03.04.17

Combine beautiful DIY details & a fabulous downtown Kansas City setting complete with string lights & the results are always sure to be amazing. But add in a fun bridal party, a gold & mint color-scheme, & a bride wearing Casablanca Bridal & it's even more than amazing! Stop what you're doing & prepare for your daily dose of pretty below.












What made you decide to get married on March 4th?
"We knew that we wanted a spring wedding & we were set on it being at The Bride & The Bauer. So, we snagged their first available date in March!"







What was one of your favorite moments from your big day?
"My husband & I's first look in the freight elevator at The Bauer. It was the most intimate & beautiful experience. I'll never forget those first few private moments together."






Did you put together any DIY decorations?
"Our DIY projects were the bridesmaid bouquets & centerpiece arrangements for our reception tables. My husband painted all of the lanterns for our tables & one of my matrons of honor hosted a breakfast with our families & bridesmaids to arrange the flowers. It was so fun to spend time with the most important women in my life before our big day!"










What advice would you give to other brides in regards to wedding planning?
"Don't get carried away with the details. It's easier said than done, trust me. But try not to compare your wedding to others that you have attended. Every wedding is unique & should reflect you & your spouse. Focus on ensuring your personalities shine through. Your family & friends will notice too!"




Tell us about the proposal!
"My husband & I traveled to Ocean City, New Jersey to spend the 4th of July with his extended family at the beach. One morning, he woke me up & told me to pack my bags, but wouldn't disclose where we were going. So, once we were on the road, he revealed we were heading to NYC. After arriving at our hotel overlooking Central Park, he told me to meet him downstairs in a half hour. He met me downstairs & we began walking into the park in search of the perfect picnic spot. We settled under a big tree, away from the crowds to enjoy our picnic. I thought this was the moment he was going to propose, but after we finished eating he packed up the picnic & informed me we were heading to the next activity. He led me to the row boats at the Loeb Boathouse. I was certain he wasn't going to propose during this activity- talk about risky! But, much to my surprise, he rowed us to a quiet little cove & got down on one knee in our row boat! Afterwards, we celebrated with champagne & a carriage ride. I had always dreamed of a romantic proposal in Central Park & he made it a reality!"













Did you have a specific theme in mind while planning?
"Our theme was simple & romantic & we decided on mint & gold for our color scheme."





Congratulations Kendra & Matt!
Cheers to forever!




Bridal Look:
Hair & Makeup | Bella Hair Company
Accessories | The Yellow Peony

Wedding Professionals:
Ceremony & Reception Venue | The Bride & The Bauer
Photography | Epaga Foto
Videography | Beau Vaughn Photography
Bridesmaid Designer Azazie
Menswear | Men's Wearhouse
Day-Of Coordination | Sarah Hendrix
Rentals All Seasons Event Rental

No comments:

Post a Comment